I know I have been away for a LONG time. Over two months! I lost all motivation to blog. Both reading and posting. Recently I had begun to think about coming back, slowly. Well, I got this post from the EHAG group (one of the few that still come to my inbox) and I was compelled to participate. They are giving away some Halloween goodies in which I shared my favorite Halloween decoration. The only project I've completed this fall became the obvious choice, so I figured it was necessary to show them!
Here's the pattern I started with. Black Cats...Orange Pumpkins WSD #126 by Wooden Spool Designs
In the shop where I bought the pattern their samples were made up in white. They caught my eye, obviously! Love the ghosty white ones!
Of course, the orange are nice too!
I had a blast making these. They were so easy because you construct the muslin base (I used a wool blend) then cut a slit where the face will go and stuff it! Then, it's a simple matter of whip-stitching the face on!
I would like to finish these off with some wire tendrils and maybe some ripped green/brown strip around the spool. Although they are pretty cute as-is!
So now that I'm back...maybe I'll get to posting a few more things before the holiday. Just maybe!
In the meantime, done forget to check out the EHAG blog!
Test
10 months ago
Hi Shelley,
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you back!
The pumpkins are SO cute. I love both the white and orange ones. The spool stems are such a cute idea.
Jane
I'm always happy to see your posts (even if they're two months apart. I SO understand loss of motivation!) Those are some cute pumpkins!
ReplyDeleteThese are darling, Shelley :)
ReplyDeleteShelley, I can't believe I missed this post! Maybe if you posted more often (HINT,HINT!)I wouldn't have missed it! I love your punkins, but my eyes immediately went to that train case. An auction win? Well I hope all is well with you, and you're having good luck at the auctions!
ReplyDelete