Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Good Start To The New Year

Although it's been quiet on the old blog, I've been quite busy.  The very first day of the New Year came the first auction of 2011.  The beginning of the year can be a dangerous time.  I'm always anxious to buy.  I know this about myself and yet I did it again.  I think a lackluster December at the thrift shops might have been contributing factor.  When I saw this I knew, I had to have it!


Even the auction regulars were surprised with my bidding.  One of my auction friends was across the room.  He said when they shouted, "Sold!"  I had a grin from ear to ear.  I guess I don't have much of a poker face!  So this is my Christmas present from my in-laws.  This year in lieu of presents they gave us some money to spend.  Mine didn't last long!  Many times when I spend over my self-imposed limit I have a little buyers remorse, but not this time!  I love this little guy!


He looks right at home above my ribbon cabinet.  His needle is broke, otherwise it's functional.  Someday I'll have to get a needle and give him a spin!

1 comment:

  1. what a perfect addition to your sewing room! You lucky lady! It is super cute!

    ReplyDelete